Qatar and Turkey Have Enter into A Strategic Agreement with 10 Articles!
Qatar and Turkey have entered into an agreement that has 10 important strategic articles. Turkey and Qatar hold the sixth High Strategic Committee meeting in 2014. Following the first strategic agreement between Turkey and Qatar in 2015, the volume of trade between Turkey and Qatar has reached $ 1.6 billion. Consequently, this has attracted the interest of the whole world.
In the sixth meeting of Qatar and Turkey in 2020, the countries have signed an agreement. This agreement has the economic and strategic importance of the investment!
So, extraordinary improvements took place after these agreements in the field of diplomacy and economy. The Republic of Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has mentioned the agreement. The agreement had 10 articles and was signed on the 26th of November. He also stated that the relations between the two countries will get stronger thanks to this agreement.
The Landmark Agreement Between Qatar and Turkey!
The agreement between Qatar and Turkey was signed on November 26, 2020. The agreement had strategic articles about diplomacy from water management to the economy.
The articles were also about important issues such as Borsa Istanbul and Istinye Park shares.
According to the statement of President Tayyip Erdogan, there has been a strong relationship between Qatar and Turkey. Also, he stated that this relationship will be lasting by strengthening the solidarity!
Strategic Decisions in 2015-2020
The agreement between Qatar and Turkey is a topical issue in 2020. There have been 6 meetings so far following the meeting between the two major powers. Within the scope of the first High Strategic Committee in Doha in 2015 for sure!
The second of the meetings held by the High Strategic Committee was in Trabzon in 2016.
According to the announcements, strategic power has been outgoing between the two countries. The relationship has different dimensions as a result of 6 meetings.
After the dispute between Turkey and Qatar in the Gulf region, Turkey has clearly announced that Turkey supported Qatar without maintaining a stance against Saudi Arabia. The relations and regional cooperations between the two countries had proceeded during these agreements since 2015. Despite the crises between Egypt, UAE and Bahrain, and Qatar…
Simultaneously, we have to memorize the history of relations between Turkey and Qatar. We can see that there has been strong and sustainable cooperation. The relationship between Turkey and Qatar continues to strengthen since Turkey’s assistance to Qatar in the Gulf crisis.
Also, relationships between Iran, Qatar, and Turkey proceeded and strengthened. Along with these developments, this landmark agreement was signed on the 26th of November, 2020. The whole world carefully followed the footsteps of these very important and strategic developments.
The Articles of the Qatar-Turkey Agreement
At the 6th meeting for Qatar and Turkey agreement, there were very important decisions for both of the countries. There are important decisions regarding the developments in the economy, diplomacy, industry, trade, labor, military, and many more!
So, the agreements between the two countries after the 6th High Strategic Commission Meeting as follows;
1. “Agreement Regarding Transfer of Istinye Park Shares”
2. “Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Potential Co-Investment in Istanbul Golden Horn Project”
3. “Agreement Regarding the Purchase of Stocks from the Istanbul Stock Exchange Market”
4. “Agreement Between Global Port Operators and QTerminals W.L.L on the Transfer of Shares and the Purchase of Ortadogu Antalya Liman Isletmeleri A.S.”
5. “Declaration on Will on Diplomat Change between the Diplomacy Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey and the Diplomacy Institute of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar ”
6. “Memorandum of Understanding Regarding The Cooperation Between The Republic of Turkey and the Government of Qatar in the Fields of Family, Women and Social Services ”
7. “Memorandum of Understanding on Advanced Economic and Financial Cooperation between the Ministry of Treasury of the Republic of Turkey and Finance and the Ministry of Finance of the State of Qatar ”
8. “Memorandum of Understanding in the Field of Water Management for the Cooperation between the Government of the Turkish Republic and the Government of State of Qatar ”
9. “Joint Declaration between the Turkish Republic Ministry of Trade and the State of Qatar Ministry of Industry and Trade on the Establishment of Joint Commission for Economics and Trade”
10. “Agreement between the Turkish Republic Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the State of Qatar on the Establishment of a Joint Commission for Economic and Trade “
The Parties of the Agreement Between Qatar and Turkey
Firstly, the agreement was between Ferit Sahenk and Mansur bin Ibrahim El Mahmoud. Ferit Sahenk is the Board Chairman of Dogus Holding. Mansur bin Ibrahim El Mahmoud is the Board Chairman of the Qatar Investment Administration.
Secondly, Fettah Tamince and Mansur bin Ibrahim El Mahmoud have signed the agreement. Tamince is the Board Chairman of Halic Altinboynuz Marina Turizm Gayrimenkul Insaat Yatirim A.S. El Mahmoud is the Board Chairman of the Qatar Investment Administration.
Thirdly, the agreement was between Zafer Sonmez and Mansur bin Ibrahim El Mahmoud. Sonmez is the General Manager of Turkey Wealth Fund. Mansur bin Ibrahim El Mahmoud is the Board Chairman of Qatar Investment Authority.
Also, it was between the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoglu and the Minister of Transport and Communications of the State of Qatar Jassim bin Saif El Sulaiti.
Lastly, the agreement was between Mevlut Cavusoglu and Sheik Muhammed bin Abdulrahman Bin Jassim El Sani. Cavusoglu is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. Sheik Muhammed bin Abdulrahman Bin Jassim El Sani is the State of Qatar Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister.
The Volume of Trade Between Qatar and Turkey is 1,6 Billion Dollars!
The whole world has paid attention to the impact of the strategic power of the Qatar-Turkey. In Turkey, 179 Qatari companies carry corporate actions. According to the announcements, 110 thousand Qataris visited Turkey in 2019.
The agreements related to economic and military relations between Qatar and Turkey are ongoing without slowing down. There are 62 agreements since 2014 following the decisions taken at the strategic committee meeting between Turkey and Qatar. Then, the relationship between the two countries was strengthened with the decisions and meetings. Besides, there were 6 declarations and 62 agreements regarding these meetings and decisions. The 18th Summit was held between President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and The Qatari Emir Tamim Hamed bin Al Sani.